At Andusia, Logistics is at the heart of our business and a vital element to ensure we can always offer our clients a bespoke and full supply chain solution. Our Logistics team work closely with a number of dependable hauliers in order to offer a reliable service. Historically, Andusia has always provided a baled and wrapped delivery service, but as the company has grown so have our offerings and due to popular demand, we’re pleased to now offer a loose waste walking floor solution.
How we can help you
- Competitive, fully collected service of baled and wrapped waste in curtain-siders, containers, walking floors, bulk shipping solutions or bespoke logistics, depending upon the destination.
- Zero carbon solution – we only use back haul transport for all our exports (these vehicles would otherwise be returning empty)
- Pre-notifying authorities of upcoming shipments
- Full TFS application and implementation for the production site
- Putting in place Environment Agency financial guarantees
- Audit trail to R1 rated Waste to Energy (WTE) plant in Northern Europe and Scandinavia.
For more information or to get in touch with our Logistics team to discuss the service you could offer please contact us.
Click here for shipping T&C’s.
What are the benefits of baling and wrapping your waste?
Each year the UK sends approximately 12million tonnes of waste to landfill. For each tonne you contribute to landfill you pay £102.10 in landfill tax, plus a gate fee and transportation costs, however, there is an alternative that not only offers environmental advantages but also financial savings for you!
Your waste could be collected and sent for recovery across the UK and Europe where it will be used in EfW plants to produce heating and energy.
What is the baling and wrapping process?
- Invest in baler machine and a wrapper
- Grade waste to an agreed size
- Waste is then baled
- Wrap the bale so it is suitable for transportation
- Contact Andusia who will collect this waste at a reduced rate in comparison to landfill
- Contribute towards the UK efforts to reduce landfill and be more resourceful with our waste, and save money!
Cost of Ownership Calculator
The initial outlay of buying baling and wrapping equipment may be an investment, but see how quickly the machinery will have paid for itself and the amount of money you can save moving forward.
**Please ensure to fill in every box, the numbers in grey are there for guidance purposes and need to be overwritten for you to get a payback figure.**
Logistics & Freight Forwarding Services
Whether it is waste or otherwise, did you know Andusia can help you with freight forwarding and logistics? At Andusia, logistics, looked after by our Operations team, is at the heart of our business and it is what we do best.
We have strong, long-standing relationships with logistics companies across Europe (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Germany, France, Spain, Greece and Portugal) and in the UK (from Scotland to Southampton and Swansea to Suffolk)
Working closely with a number of dependable hauliers, we ensure we can always offer customers a highly reliable solution and great service to boot.
From 1st January 2021, there will be a requirement for additional Customs documents, leading to an increase in time-consuming administrative workload, further processes to manage and, if not managed properly, confusion.
Andusia is fully prepared for the move, every member of the operations team has undertaken the appropriate customs declaration training, certified by the British International Freight Association. As such, Andusia will be able to manage the extensive new customs clearance procedures on behalf of customers, old and new.
How we can help
- Competitive, fully collected service in curtain siders, containers, walking floors or multimodal solutions
- Arrange all the necessary documentation for the Environment Agency and manage Trans-Frontier Shipment (TFS) applications
- Ensure compliance with port regulations and manage Customs clearances
- Manage your logistics in the UK and across Europe
To discuss the most suitable and cost effective solution for you, get in touch with our dedicated Operations team on 01992 666257.
In an effort to help mitigate some of your businesses increasing costs, Andusia are delighted to have sourced a new supplier of bale wrap. One which we believe could save you in the region of 15% on your current supply cost
Andusia’s bale wrap film is made of 100% recycled materials, has high a tensile strength for tear free bale wrapping and is suitable for all bale wrappers on the market today (including square wrappers such as Crosswrap and round such as Orkel and Flexus).
Download out data sheet for more information.
Application & Features
- The film is specifically designed for wrapping all different kinds of waste
- Dedicated to all types of wrappers available on the market today
- Multilayer structure of the film ensures high barrier properties
- High tear and puncture strength means bales are better protected from breaking when wrapping
- High tensile strength which means the film is well suited for wrapping heavier wastes
- Film has a high adhesion quality between the film layers, encapsulating the material but also reducing the risk of leakage and odours
- Bidirectional orientation of the film helps to maintain correct bale shape
- Stretchability of the film: 50%-70%
To enable us to quote on a like for like basis, let us know:
i) width of wrap required
ii) colour preference
iii) storage capacity for rolls/normal purchasing volume
iv) do you purchase directly from a manufacturer or via a UK distributor/wholesaler
If you would like to discuss further, or obtain a sample / quote, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.