We’ve been here from the beginning… Andusia Recovered Fuels Limited was established in 2012 when the RDF export market was in its infancy.
Since then, we’ve become the UK’s largest independent exporter, offering a full and flexible supply chain solution for collecting and delivering RDF from UK producers (independent management-owned waste businesses) to the energy from waste plants in Europe.
Energy and heat generation by Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plants is highly efficient and brings UK waste disposal higher up the waste hierarchy.
That’s why our Hertfordshire-based firm is now regarded as an RDF pioneer. For instance, we achieved a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade 2016 – an industry sector first.
More recently, we have extended our expertise further and supply SRF to cement kilns throughout Europe. As of 2019, we have also moved into the hazardous waste market.
Since 2012, we’ve developed a strong supply base of UK waste management companies, alongside solid relationships with the largest and most respected CHP plants in Europe.
How we’ve grown
During our first year of trading (2012), we exported around 13,000 tonnes of RDF and were the UK’s 13th largest exporter.
By 2016, we’d become established as the UK’s largest independent exporter (number 1 to Norway and Sweden; and number 2 to Germany).
In 2018 we celebrated the collection of our 1 Millionth tonne of RDF.
- Largest independent exporter (based on Environmental Agency figures)
- Largest exporter to Norway in 2012‑2016
- Largest exporter to Sweden in 2013‑2015
- Largest exporter to Scandinavia 2013‑2014
- Number 10 in The Sunday Times Heathrow SME Export Track 100, 2016
- Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade 2016
- Collected 1 Millionth tonne of RDF in 2018